If you notice uneven areas in your smile or two teeth are not equal in length, these discrepancies can be fixed by removing the excessive gum tissue. If you have teeth that appear short, or you have a smile that shows too much gums, you can lengthen the appearance of your front teeth with a simple appointment that re-shapes your gumline.
Many times gum shaping is used to further enhance cosmetic bonding or veneers to create a perfect smile. Think of the gums as the frame around your teeth. The perfect frame can make a work of art really shine.
What People Say About Us!
I absolutely love The Hills Dental Spa! The staff is amazing, the atmosphere is astonishing, and the procedures are always quick and painless. No one ever believes me when I describe my appointments but I can assure you that the service is the best. I know it’s hard to believe, but you’ll love going to the dentist after you experience everything The Hills Dental Spa has to offer!
Gum Countouring Benefits
Gums that are too high on the teeth can make your teeth look smaller. Different gum heights can create a distracting unevenness that others notice when talking with you. A gummy smile can even make a person avoid smiling.
That’s what gum contouring aims to correct. But the former method using a scalpel and surgically excising gum made for a quite painful recovery, could entail significant bleeding, and it had a much higher risk of infection.
Using a diode laser for gum contouring can give you a variety of benefits including:
- Removes excess gum tissue: Removing excess gum tissue is one of the main benefits of getting laser gum contouring. By removing excess gum tissue you can achieve a more appealing smile and increase your self-confidence
- A brighter smile: Laser gum contouring also gives you a brighter smile. Your smile is one of the first things that people notice about you. Having a smile that you are proud of is a great way to make a good impression
- Prevent tooth decay: With excess gum tissue, food can get caught and cause tooth decay. By getting rid of excess gum tissue, you give yourself a better chance of having healthy teeth and preventing tooth decay
- Quick recovery: Laser gum contouring is a quick and painless procedure that gives you incredible results with very little recovery time
- Permanent solution: This is a procedure that can give you life-changing results. Laser gum contouring gives you permanent results that can give you the smile of your dreams right now
Before And After
Gum Lift Before and After
Gum Contouring FAQ'S
How To Prepare For Your Consultation
Dr. Winters views every consultation as a give and take of information. We encourage you to ask any and every question you have about the procedure. For gum contouring, you’ll start by describing what you’d like to change about your gums and smile. Then we will examine your gums and teeth to be sure gum contouring is the right option. Your gums need to be free of gum disease and healthy. We’ll then describe how the diode laser works to remove the excess gum tissue and how this process is different from the former surgical method.