Your Cosmetic Dentist in Austin
We all know the importance of caring for our teeth, keeping decay at bay and keeping our mouth healthy. But we also want to have a dazzling smile. In fact, research has shown that people with bright white, perfect smiles are perceived more favorably when other people first meet them.
The problem is none of us have a perfect smile, at least not naturally.
Our cosmetic dentistry treatments at The Hills Dental Spa can give you that perfect smile. While all of our treatments seek to make your teeth look their absolute best, we specifically use porcelain veneers, Invisalign®, dental bonding, teeth whitening, and gum lifts to give our patients the smiles they’ve always dreamed of.
What’s the difference between cosmetic dentistry and general dentistry?
You could consider everything we do to have a cosmetic dentistry, aesthetic dentistry intent. After all, replacing a leaching silver amalgam filling with composite resin solves the general dentistry problem of a failing filling, but once the composite resin is in place the filling is now invisible. Suddenly that filling is part of your perfect cosmetic smile.
Dr. Winters has been practicing and teaching cosmetic dentistry for over two decades. Cosmetic dentistry is concerned with the aesthetic appearance of your teeth and overall smile. Cosmetic treatments may seek to whiten stained teeth or use composite resin bonding to mask a chipped tooth. Goals can overlap with general dentistry. For instance, one of our CEREC porcelain crowns can save a tooth with heavy decay, but the crowned tooth is now perfect cosmetically.
At The Hills Dental Spa in Austin, we use cosmetic dentistry to improve patients’ tooth shape, whiteness, alignment, and overall appearance. And you know what improves right along with those issues? Their confidence in their perfect, engaging smile.
What are the different tools used for cosmetic dentistry?
At The Hills Dental Spa, we use a variety of different procedures to give our patients the whitest, most beautiful smiles.
- Porcelain veneers — Ultra-thin porcelain shells are placed over the front sides of the teeth. They can aesthetically correct unevenly spaced, crooked, chipped, oddly shaped, or badly discolored teeth.
- Gum lifts — Dr. Winters uses our diode dental laser to reduce gummy smiles without the pain or recovery necessary with typical incisions and sutures.
- Bonding — Composite resin can be used to fix a flaw on a tooth, such as a chip. Or it can change the shape of a single tooth. Bonding is less expensive than a porcelain veneer, but it doesn’t last as long.
- Whitening — We use laser energy to activate professional whitening gel for our 45-minute, in-office whitening treatments. We also offer at-home teeth whitening custom-fit trays and professional gel.
- Invisalign — Who wants to be a metal mouth? Invisalign® uses clear acrylic aligner trays to move the teeth. So much more comfortable, so much less medieval torture than metal bands, wires, and rubber bands.
If you would love to have a brilliant, beautiful smile, give us a call at our Austin dentist office today! We work with patients all over the area, including Westlake Hills and more!