Preventing tooth decay is one of the main reasons people come to us, at The Hills Dental Spa in Austin.
In this blog post, we’ll describe five things you should know about cavities.
1. Cavities are also called caries or tooth decay. When a tooth is permanently damaged in the hard surface, tiny openings appear. These little holes are cavities.
2. Factors that contribute to cavities are:
- Frequent eating
- Consuming sugary beverages
- Oral bacteria
- Poor dental hygiene
3. Cavities may get so bad that you will see pits or holes in your teeth, but symptoms may be more subtle, such as sensitivity, pain when biting, or a toothache. If you observe any of these symptoms, you should call us to schedule an appointment.
4. Cavities are most common among children, but adults can get cavities too.
5. Preventing cavities is straightforward. Be sure to brush twice a day with a fluoride toothpaste, floss daily, eat right, avoid frequent snacking, and have regular dental checkups.
Contact The Hills Dental Spa:
Location (Tap to open in Google Maps):