Everyone should brush their teeth at least twice a day. In this post from The Hills Dental Spa in Austin, we’ll talk about why this is so important.
- Brushing and flossing is the best way to prevent tooth decay and gum disease.
- Brushing with fluoride toothpaste and carefully flossing removes food debris from teeth and cleans away plaque build-up.
- If we let food stay on our teeth, the starches in it combine with the plaque. This nasty mixture forms an acid which immediately starts drilling into the enamel to form cavities. Brushing can’t get all the spaces between your teeth, so you’ve got to floss also.
- Brushing and flossing keeps gums and bone healthy.
When You Brush…
- Be sure to get all over your teeth: the front and the sides, inside and out, and the tops. When you to the sides, be sure you brush along the gumline. Use a gentle touch, and hold the brush at a 45-degree angle.
- As you do the front and side surfaces, move the brush in gentle, circular strokes. Make sure you brush for at least two minutes.
- Use a pea-sized blob of fluoridated toothpaste – or more than a pea-sized, if you prefer. Too much is no big deal, but be sure to use enough.
At The Hills Dental Spa in Austin, we want all of our patients to enjoy clean teeth and healthy gums. People throughout Westlake, Lakeway, and Bee Cave see us for a checkup every six months. We offer complete general and cosmetic dentistry. Call our office today!
Contact The Hills Dental Spa:
Location (Tap to open in Google Maps):