Do you have a young child? Why are dental sealants important for kids’ oral health? At The Hills Dental Spa in Austin, we recommend them. Here are some of the reasons why:
- Children without sealants have almost three times more tooth decay than children with sealants. (Centers For Disease Control)
- Sealants may be covered by your dental insurance. For moms and dads without dental insurance, sealants are worth the cost. You will likely avoid fillings and additional dental visits. Note that some Texas dental insurance providers have age limitations for sealants. The Hills Dental Spa recommends having sealants applied as early as possible.
- With proper care, sealants can last for many years. They guard your youngster during the years they are most likely to get cavities. By practicing careful dental health habits and refraining from biting into hard objects, your child can maximize their lifespan.
- The application process is painless. Teeth are cleaned, dried, and then the liquid sealant material is applied to teeth. It hardens quickly. Your son or daughter won’t need to skip meals after the procedure.
- In some situations, sealants can be placed over existing tooth decay to prevent further damage. We will determine if your child is a good candidate for this application.
Sealants, oral hygiene, a balanced diet, and dental cleanings are critical for pediatric dental health. At The Hills Dental Spa in Austin, we strive for healthy smiles in all our patients. Call for an appointment today!
Contact The Hills Dental Spa:
Location (Tap to open in Google Maps):
6836 Bee Cave Road, Building 1 Suite 300